Thursday, February 16, 2012

30-Day Book Challenge: Day 28

Day 28 – Favorite title

Image via Goodreads

Milk: The Surprising Story of Milk Through the Ages. So I haven't actually read this book yet, but it's on my to-read list for no reason other than the title. I don't know anything about it; I haven't even read the summary. Just the title drew me in. I think that makes it good enough to fit this category, right? (And we all know how much I love milk.) Actually, while scrolling through my Goodreads account to find a good book for today, it was mostly non-fiction titles that caught my eye. I'll leave you with a few more examples:
  • The Sexual History of London: From Roman Londinium to the Swinging City - Lust, Vice, and Desire Across the Ages, Catharine Arnold
  • The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory and Why Outsiders Thrive After High School, Alexandra Robbins
  • Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong, James W. Loewen
  • Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith, Jon Krakauer
  • Fraternity Gang Rape: Sex, Brotherhood, and Privilege on Campus, Peggy Reeves Sanday
  • Straight: The Surprisingly Short History of Heterosexuality, Hanne Blank
  • From Squaw Tit to Whorehouse Meadow: How Maps Name, Claim, and Inflame, Mark S. Monmonier
And now upon review of the many strange titles I included, I must add that these books do not necessarily reflect my political, religious or otherwise ideological views. I just think the titles are very intriguing!

What are some of your favorite titles?

No comments: