Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Little Obsessions: Milk

My Sims game is currently updating on my computer. And it is taking forever. So, while I wait for it to finish so I can make all the interns and build us a beautiful house, I decided to start a new series within this blog: My Little Obsessions.


If you haven't noticed, I have a list of my little obsessions on the right side of my blog. The section was originally called, "These are a few of my favorite things..." but I soon decided I'm more Ali Larter than Julie Andrews. See, I have a very addictive personality. My ridiculous affinity for the Sims is only one example of this shortcoming.



I would like to take this opportunity to explain some of my little obsessions and why I love them so much. First, milk.

Milk is an excellent source of calcium, Vitamin D, potassium and other nutrients (not just calcium). It's also delicious. As a former Alternate Dairy Princess (District 6, California Milk Advisory Board), I can tell you all about the positive things milk can contribute to your diet and overall health!

But really, I drink a lot of milk. Exhibit A: Last week, I bought a gallon of milk at the local Publix. After about six days, my gallon was completely gone ... before the other five girls combined could finish their gallon of milk. A little ridiculous? Maybe. But I like milk with my breakfast, with my sandwiches, with my pasta, with my pizza ... with pretty much anything I eat throughout the day.

A final point to justify my obsession with milk: It's the prime ingredient in many other delicious products (see below). Got milk?

1 comment:

Lindsay Cochrum said...

I also consume nearly a gallon of milk a week on my own. No judgment.