Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recipe: Pesto Pasta with Sausage (Round 2)

I'm either stubborn or stupid, but I took another shot at the recipe I so miserably ruined last night. It might not look as pretty as it does on Pinterest, but this time it worked! Luckily, I only cooked half the amount of extra ingredients necessary for the pasta last night and stored the leftovers separately. I had only defrosted two links of sausage before I went to work, so I only cooked enough extra ingredients (sausage, garlic and green beans) to go with half the pasta I had made. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because that meant after I finished those leftovers at lunch today, I could heat up the remaining pasta and start over again tonight!


I made a few changes to my already modified recipe. I switched the green beans out for mushrooms and forgot about the slivered almonds until I was halfway through my dish, so I guess I'm saving them for another recipe. And I remembered to slice the sausage this time! That really helped. This is the final recipe (amounts adjusted so you can make one big dish at once and not split it up like I did):

  • 1 tbsp. salt
  • 1 lb (16 oz.) small shell pasta
  • 4 sausage links, sliced into 1/4″ thick coins
  • 4 tsp. minced garlic
  • cooking spray
  • 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
  • 1/3 cup pesto
As for the cooking itself, it's easy if you know what you're doing!

The end of step two.
  1. Prepare the pasta according to the package (mine called for 1 tbsp. salt).
  2. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage until almost brown, then add minced garlic and mushrooms (chopped into small pieces). Continue cooking together until sausage is done.
  3. Mix pasta, sausage and pesto together in a bowl.
And you're done! Easy, right? Hopefully it will only take you one time to figure it out, unlike me. Good luck!

Note: Original recipe from Gimme Some Oven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I as well as my pals were checking out the great suggestions on the website and then immediately developed an awful suspicion I never thanked the blog owner for them. The men appeared to be certainly glad to see them and now have honestly been loving these things. I appreciate you for being indeed helpful and then for finding such helpful information most people are really wanting to discover. My sincere regret for not expressing appreciation to sooner.
White Japanese Style 0.04 Liter China Sake Cup 72 / CS

Megan said...

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying my site. :)

Anonymous said...

I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my site :)
Sorel Women's Tofino CVS Boot