Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Week 1

Well, I'm finally doing it! I've joined the "Friday's Fancies" blog movement. Let me explain: One of the blogs I read regularly is Long Distance Loving, a sweet blog about long-distance relationships by {av}. (In fact, getting featured on her "Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder" series is on my to-do list! See #28.) Relationships aren't the only things {av} blogs about, though, and every Friday she posts a "Friday's Fancies" and invites other bloggers to link up with their own creations. She also has a theme each week, which today is:


This is my first week, so it's a little rough around the edges, but hopefully my creations will get better as I continue with this fun Friday tradition! Enjoy my first attempt below:

 When I think "Winter Wonderland," I think "cozy." So first, I'd want to snuggle up with a cup of coffee or hot cocoa. Second, I'd wear an oversize, snuggly sweater while doing it. And finally, I absolutely love wearing layers on my legs. My office is pretty cold, so I've taken to wearing tights and socks and boots to work. I love these cable knit sweater tights from Urban Outfitters, layered with over-the-knee socks. I also have boots that look very similar to these, but with a flap that folds over below my knees, and I wear them almost every day. Now I think it's time to make some hot chocolate....

3 comments:

ashlyn | nicole said...

Great inspiration! Love the comfy outfit :)

Happy weekend
Ashlyn

Jessica Bucher said...

cute! love oversized sweaters :)

Nicole Rene said...

I am loving that sweater! I want it to be cold now so I can rock a comfy sweater & cute tights like that.... :(

Lol!! :)

Have a great weekend!
Nicole
http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com