Saturday, January 21, 2012

30-Day Book Challenge: Day 2

Day 2 – A book I’ve read more than three times

Image via Google Images

I don't typically re-read books, but there were definitely times I would re-read the Harry Potter books while waiting for the next book or movie to be released. As I've bragged so obnoxiously about before, I was very fortunate to have my mother discover Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in an airport shortly after its U.S. release in 1998, before all the hype started. (Did you know it took until the fourth book for the U.S. and U.K. release dates to be the same? Those bloody British children....) Therefore, my family bought every subsequent book beginning with the Chamber of Secrets immediately when it was released, and I devoured each one within two or three days. As you can imagine, there was a lot (but not alot) of Hogwarts-lusting time between release dates to fill by re-reading the trio's old adventures, which I happily did.

No comments: