Monday, October 8, 2012

Traveling Consultant Essentials

Wow; I can't believe I've already been on the road for two months! In some ways, it seems like way more than two months ago that I boarded my flight to my first chapter visit at Washington State University. In other ways, I feel like I just started! Now that it has officially been two months, I wanted to share some of the lessons I've learned this year. Today, I wanted to share with you the items I packed that have proven to be the most helpful on the road:

Travel Needs

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

1. I keep three different sizes of Ziploc bags rolled up in my suitcase and secured with a hair tie. You never know when you might need one!
2. I felt silly buying a black silk robe at first, but it has been so convenient. I thought the robe was a little sultry for my purposes, but it was a $50 robe on sale for $8 at Kohl's, so I could not pass it up.
3. Did you know that I love scarves? My infinity scarves even double as blankets on plane rides!
4. Did you also know that I love stationery? I have about three boxes in my suitcase. Priorities.
5. This is absolutely the number-one smartest item I packed this year: a compact multi-outlet extension cord. It perfectly fits my personal phone, PiPhone and PiPad chargers, so I can always keep my most important electronics fully juiced. I have no idea how I would find enough outlets to do this without this handy little cord. It was actually one of the last things I packed, too—purely on impulse.
6. These nude flats from Payless have been my lifesaver. They match just about everything and are so practical. I found them in leopard the other day and am thinking I need to expand my collection!
7. Finally, a traveler can never have enough dryer sheets. I put them in my shoes and between my clothes to keep my suitcases smelling fresh, and they are great for helping to de-static my hair in the morning. Oh yeah, and I do laundry with them sometimes.

What are your travel necessities?

3 comments:

Whitney said...

This is so funny! A friend of mine was wearing those nude flats yesterday and I wanted to get them! Now, I have to :) I'm so glad to hear things are going great for you.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

It must be tough traveling all the time, but these are great trip!

Jessie Jones said...

Love your list! :-) Glad to hear your adventures are going well!