Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last-Minute Halloween Costume Idea

I am cheap. I'm not quite Extreme Cheapskates-cheap, but I'm pretty cheap all the same. Therefore, I do not like to spend any money when I dress up for Halloween. No buying or renting costumes for this girl; when I can't borrow, I make do with what I already have in the closet. In the event you share this tendency for frugality with me (or maybe just waited too long to secure a costume for tonight), I thought I would share my wonderfully easy and inexpensive costume from last Halloween: blackmail.


All you have to do is wear all black and safety-pin envelopes and other mail to yourself. Clever, right? I also thought it might be fun to wear an "envelope" clutch with this costume, so I included some of my favorites from Polyvore above.

So tell me, what are you dressing up as this Halloween? Do you have any easy and inexpensive costume ideas? I won't be dressing up as anything tonight, as I'm currently in a small college town and don't want to risk running into any of my collegiates at the local hotspots. That might get awkward. ;) Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

HAH! Love it.

Unknown said...

great idea!!

Leah said...

This is so clever Megan! I love costumes like this- I'll have to file the idea away for the future. And I agree -an envelope clutch is the perfect accessory for the costume!