Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week in Review: 09.28.2013

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone, depending on your corner of the globe! I'm back in the hometown again this weekend for the wedding reception of a family friend, so I'm writing this while alternately trying to drink my coffee and fight off my adorable but persistent mutt from laying his head right on my keyboard.

This week's "best of Instagram" feature is a little different than usual. Instead of showcasing my four most-liked photos on Instagram during the past week, I'm going to show you my non-#bookphotoaday photos (which happens to be exactly four photos!). I'll be doing a recap of the entire Banned Books Week photo challenge on Sunday, so you can see all my bookish photos then. (Or, you can follow me on Instagram at @mcstroup and see them now!)

1 | 2 | 3 | 4
5. Cityscape on Camera: Granada & Ronda, Spain (posted September 24)
4. Currently: celebrating my favorite season! (posted September 22)
3. Advice Needed: Stylish Walking Shoes for Europe (posted March 13)
2. Banned Books Week: A Semi-Charmed Photo Challenge (posted September 8)
1. Semi-Charmed Autumn 2013 Book Challenge (posted September 25)

In case you missed it: I was pretty disappointed in my hurried participation in the Book Chat this week (there was so much I wanted to say about banned books!), but I did get this brief post up on Thursday. There will probably have to be a part two to this later so I can share more of my feelings on banning and challenging books.

Photo via @mcstroup on Instagram
>> Maria always has the best bookish links. This week I particularly enjoyed the James Franco book covers she shared.

>> Need some domestic wanderlust? Check out these gorgeous fall foliage scenes from across the United States. My personal favorite is slide No. 5: Vermont's Green Mountains.

>> The Perpetual Page Turner explains why being married to a non-reader isn't so bad. I wouldn't say Jonathan is a "non-reader," but I wouldn't call him a "reader" either. (Although he has been borrowing the Clive Cussler books my dad gave me lately, and it's so fun reading together at night before we turn out the lights! Dorky, I know.)

How was your week? Do you have any fun plans this weekend?

1 comment:

Britta Marie said...

love the first photo! those drinks look delicious :)