Thursday, September 12, 2013

#28: Be featured on blogger {av}'s "Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder" series.

It has happened! After years of reading {av}'s fabulous blog, {long distance loving}, she chose me to be featured in her "Love Is" series!

image via {long distance loving}

A little background: {av} was my first "blog crush." I found her blog because she had this awesome series called "Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder" (hence the title of this post, despite the recent name change to "Love Is"). Two bloggers I read faithfully (Christy and Kate) were actually featured, and I thought, "Gee, that would be so cool! I want to share my story and encourage everyone else out there in a long-distance relationship that it can work—and work so well!"

So I put it on my "bucket list" and contacted {av} to see if she had a spot in her schedule for me. Unfortunately, the series dwindled from a weekly feature to a special once-in-a-while feature, and then {av} stopped posting the feature altogether about a year ago. (Although I didn't stop reading her blog; she still posts beautiful content about travel, home, relationships, blogging tips, life—you name it! Plus it's always fun to join her Friday's Fancies link-up every once in a while.)

Then, last month, {av} announced she was bringing the series back, and she chose Jonathan and me to be her first featured couple! So from one excited fangirl to one gorgeous blogger: Thank you for taking the time to write about my story today!

Check out my story on {long distance loving} here. If you're visiting from {long distance loving}, you can read my full engagement story (with lots of photos!) here. And finally, if you want to see more photos of us throughout the years, check out my post from our 8-year anniversary last year here. :)

Thanks for stopping by! And thanks again, {av}!

5 comments:

Kaylee said...

Yay! Such a cute story- plus I have been reading her blog for a reaaaaally long time. It's one of my goals to be featured on her blog too!

Sarah Pete said...

Oh my gosh! So awesome! Can't wait to read your story!

thesubtlehipster said...

Yay! And I did not know you were engaged!? Ah, congrats!!! I'm probably super late saying it but whatever! Too cute.

Mae said...

You two have such a lovely story! Congratulations on your engagement.

Sarah Pete said...

I just checked out your guest post and it is so sweet! I think it's awesome that you two have been together since high school and made it work, not only through different schools, but different activities! Wow!
Chris and I were long distance for most of our dating relationship, as well, so I so remember setting up skype dates and phone calls. People bash long distance--there certainly are parts of it that aren't fun--but it CAN work if the people involved are willing to make it work.
Thanks for sharing your story! And, P.S. Marriage is awesome! I hope you're so enjoying your engagement! XD