Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Best of 2014: Written



I'll most likely be absent from this blog until after the New Year as I celebrate the holidays (except for the second Semi-Charmed Winter 2014 Book Challenge check-in on January 1 of course; I promise I won't be late this time!), but I wanted to publish one last post of 2014 to share some of my favorites from the year. These are not necessarily the most popular posts of the year (I'll share those in my annual By the Numbers recap), but instead these are the posts I personally enjoyed writing the most. I hope you enjoy reading them as well!

Travel

5 Fun Things We Did on our Honeymoon | This year marked my first trip to Asia as my new husband and I explored Thailand and Cambodia for our honeymoon. This post shared five quick snapshots from the trip.

Travel Tuesday: What's in your carry-on? | A fun peek into my carry-on during a weekend trip to a sorority conference.

The Freedom Trail: Boston, Massachusetts | I cannot wait to get back to Boston someday. It is hands down one of my favorite American cities. I would totally be down to live there, too!

Books

5 Awesome Things Your Local Library Offers | At the time I wrote this post (February 7), I had recently submitted my graduate school applications and was still waiting to hear back. Since then, I started a Master of Library and Information Science program and am studying to become a librarian, so this post is even more special to me now.

5 Historical Fiction Novels Set in the United States | This one is pretty self-explanatory. :)

Words of Wisdom from Norton Juster | I reread The Phantom Tollbooth for my summer book challenge, and I could not stop talking about it. In this brief post, I shared a few of my favorite quotes from the book.

Miscellaneous

By the Numbers: 2013 | A look back at 2013 in numerical form. These are always some of my favorite posts of the year to write; I'm already looking forward to the 2014 version!

The Only Wedding Checklist You'll Ever Need | I promise this won't turn into a wedding blog now that I'm married, but you can probably expect one to two wedding-related posts a month for a short while. :)

Ask Me Anything! | Answers to the reader-submitted questions from this project can be found here and here. These posts were super fun; I definitely hope to do something similar in 2015 for all my new readers.

~ ~ ~

If you want to help influence what I write on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life next year, and/or if you want to share general feedback about your experience reading my blog, pretty please take my blog survey! It will be up through the end of the month, and the average time to take the survey so far has been less than four minutes, so I promise it is brief. Any time you can spare to share your thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated!!

What was your favorite post you published this year? Be sure to leave me the link in the comments so I can check it out! :) Merry Christmas Eve!

P.S. — If you're looking for a book recommendation for the holidays, check out my top ten reads of 2014.

No comments: