Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Freedom Trail: Boston, Massachusetts

Welcome back to Travel Tuesday, a weekly link-up to share your travel experiences, stories and tips! Today I'm sharing some photos from my visit to Boston a year ago around this time. I visited Boston University as a traveling consultant for my sorority, and during one of my free afternoons I hopped the T to walk The Freedom Trail.

The Freedom Trail - Boston, Massachusetts, on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life

My favorite part of the tour was the guide. They really get into character. In fact, our tour guide told us he is not allowed to wear sunglasses or carry a water bottle because Bostonians didn't have those luxuries in the 18th century. He did have a nifty little canteen to quench his thirst, however. And, of course, he was very knowledgeable about all things Boston and the American Revolution in general.


The Freedom Trail tour guide - Boston, Massachusetts, on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
Massachusetts State House - Boston, Massachusetts, on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
Paul Revere's Tombstone - Boston, Massachusetts, on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
Boston Latin School - Boston, Massachusetts, on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
The oldest public school in the country was founded in Boston in 1635.
Old State House - Boston, Massachusetts, on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
Boston Massacre Memorial - Boston, Massachusetts, on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
I've always remembered the date of the Boston Massacre because it's my birthday. Sigh....

Have you ever been to Boston? I would love to return some day! This trip was mostly filled with work, but I'm so glad I took an afternoon to walk The Freedom Trail. What other fun and/or historical attractions should I add to my list for my next visit?

Link up with your travel stories and/or tips below! Feel free to grab the button, too.




No comments: