Thursday, December 4, 2014

Best of November: A Month in Review

Woo November! Last month marked my first trip to Asia ... for my honeymoon! Expect lots of travel recaps over the next few weeks (or months, knowing me haha). We spent a little more than a week in Thailand and Cambodia to celebrate; let me know if you have any specific questions about traveling in Southeast Asia that you would like me to address in my travel posts!

Most Popular on Instagram & Notable Events

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

It looks like my Instagram followers also preferred Cambodia to Thailand; the two pictures on the right are from our time exploring temples and relaxing at our hotel (which is how we spent almost all our time in Siem Reap). November also marked another important travel "first" for me: I finally rode a cable car in San Francisco (pictured at lower left)! I know, I know; I've lived within driving distance of the city for nearly 12 years and had never done this before. It's a shame how much we take for granted the things we have nearby (which reminds me—I really need to write a Bay Area bucket list! This strategy helped me get a lot of cool stuff done when I was living in Santa Fe.) And, of course, as I mentioned last month, I think any wedding pictures are automatically going to skyrocket to the top of my "like" spectrum from now on. ;) Personally, though, I think this Instagram photo should have been the most popular last month. Seriously; how gorgeous is that?! (#unhumblebrag)

Most Popular on the Blog

Considering I published exactly five posts in November, it seems easiest to only share those in ranked order:
5. Do you have five minutes? (posted November 30)
4. Best of Summer: Four Months in Review (posted November 13)
3. Best of October: A Month in Review (posted November 19)
2. 5 Podcasts for Any Personality (posted November 21)
1. 5 Best (Complete) Television Series on Netflix (posted November 14)

photo via @mcstroup

On My Bookshelf

Four, Veronica Roth // If I Stay, Gayle Forman
 The Valley of Amazement, Amy Tan
The Dinner, Herman Koch // The Invention of Wings, Sue Monk Kidd

Coming Soon

Now that both the wedding and the honeymoon have past, I thought I could start a series on the blog about wedding planning to share what I learned with other future brides (or anyone else who is interested in the wedding planning process). I'm imagining a two-part series, with monthly to-do lists as well as more in-depth posts about certain things (e.g. what to register for). In addition to the wedding planning posts and travel recaps from Asia, you can count on more 5 Things posts in December, as those are always fun to write and my readers seem to like them. :) Finally, if you want to help influence what I write here on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life (or just give me some general feedback), please take my survey here! It's only 11 questions and most are multiple choice or yes/no, so it should only take a few minutes.

Hope your November and Thanksgiving holiday were grand!

Are there any specific wedding things you would like to see addressed here on the blog (e.g. how to pick a wedding dress, what to get your bridal party, who to invite)? 

Linking up for the 2014 Review Extravaganza.

No comments: