Monday, June 4, 2012

Santa Fe bucket list.

It's hard to believe, but two weeks from tomorrow is my last day at Outside before I head home to transition for my year as an LC. Wow. Time sure flies. I've slowly been checking things off my "Santa Fe bucket list" over the past few weekends, but I still have quite a few locations to hit (mostly restaurants). Maybe sharing this list publicly will help keep me accountable and encourage me to get out on the town. Here are some things I've recently completed (with links to my Instagram photos or blog posts when applicable):
  1. Visit every Santa Fe Public Library branch.
  2. Eat at Cafe Vingt Cinq.
  3. Get a fajita from a food truck on the Plaza.
  4. Eat gelato from Ecco.
  5. Visit the New Mexico National History Museum/Palace of Governors. (Both are free on Friday evenings from 5 to 8 p.m., along with the art museum!)
  6. Eat at Blake's Lotaburger (a New Mexico-only fast food joint).
  7. Get a crepe at The French Pastry Shop.  
  8. Drink coffee from Holy Spirit Espresso. (It claims to have the "best coffee in Santa Fe." It doesn't.)
  9. Celebrate Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi.
The Cathedral Basilica, Photo by LeRoy N. Sanchez

And here are the remaining items I hope to squeeze into the next two weeks:

  1. Eat at Aztec Cafe.
  2. Visit the Georgia O'Keefe Museum (only if I can get in for free, like the museums above).
  3. Visit Bandelier National Monument or Pecos Historical National Park. (Hopefully I can visit this Saturday, June 9, when national park fees are waived for Get Outdoors Day!)
  4. Eat at The Shed. (I've eaten at its sister restaurant, La Choza, and it's my favorite New Mexican joint in town. The Shed is more popular because it's on the Plaza, so we'll see how it stacks up.)
  5. Get breakfast at The Pantry.
  6. Order guacamole at Gabriel's. (Apparently it's the best, and they make it fresh right in front of you.)
  7. Visit the Farmer's Market.
  8. Get a burrito at El Tesoro.
  9. Grab a slice at Backroad Pizza.
  10. Eat at Tune-Up Cafe.
  11. Visit the Canyon Road art galleries.
  12. Eat and/or get coffee at the Travel Bug. (I've been here before to look at the maps but have never ordered anything from the cafe.)
  13. Eat at Jambo Cafe.
  14. Eat at Del Charro.
I told you most of them had to do with food! Haha. So, do you think I can do it?

5 comments:

jes @ twosmuppies said...

i love bucket lists. and now i really want a burrito.

Whitney said...

That church is GORGEOUS! I've never been to Santa Fe but I really wanna go now!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I did this before we left Winston-Salem, NC last year. It definitely helped! Im sure you will get it all in.

Sara said...

I love Georgia O'Keefe! I hope you get to go so you can tell me all about it! :)

Carenpants said...

You can do it! This list is making me hungry!