Monday, May 5, 2014

Blogger Revealed: All Things Considered

For my birthday earlier this year, I invited all my readers to ask me anything about my blog and/or life. I got a lot of questions about Semi-Charmed Kind of Life's two most popular topics (books and travel), so I answered those questions in their own post already. Today, I'll be sharing my answers for all your other random yet awesome questions! Here goes....


Carly: Describe your perfect Friday night!
This is where you all get to see how boring I really am: I would put on sweats and watch Netflix while catching up on my Bloglovin' feed. With a margarita and take-out from our favorite local hole-in-the-wall Honduran cafe. If I wanted to be a little more exciting, I would get an early dinner (probably tacos!) and drinks downtown with my fiance. We would sit outside if the weather was nice, then take a walk to the used bookstore and peruse the shelves for pretty old hardcover books. Then we would head home, put on sweats and watch Netflix. :)

Carly: What is your favourite meal of the day?
Breakfast, fo' sho! I only wake up about 20 minutes before I leave for work, and a good seven minutes of that time is spent making a breakfast sandwich. I am definitely in a better mood if I have breakfast, whether that's eggs benedict, chocolate-chip pancakes, an omelette or even just toast or a protein bar.

Carly: Candy or chocolate?
Dark chocolate with sea salt, please. Although I do love me some Starburst jelly beans and spice drops! And those nasty little orange slices that are actually delicious. ;)

Amanda: Ask your fiance to describe you in three words.
He said: "Are you talking, like, three different adjectives or a three-word phrase?" I thought that was pretty funny, so I told him he could do both. Then he picked this for my phrase: "Stone cold fox." (I gave him a pretty stone cold look after that one haha.) For three words, he picked: "Quirky, good-hearted and intelligent."

Amanda: What is your favorite pizza topping?
I don't actually like pizza that much.... I know!! So if I am going to have pizza, it has to be something delicious, like pesto and grilled chicken or jalapenos and spicy sausage.

Amanda: Do you pull on your right or left pant leg first? Or is it different every time?
I had to mime putting on a pair of shorts just to figure this out haha. I think it is my right leg. But I also might have been overthinking it, so maybe it's different every time!

Carly: If your life was made into a movie, who would you want to play you?
Emma Watson. With an American accent. (That has always been my standard answer to this question during icebreaker games, and I hope she never turns into an embarrassing celebrity and forces me to change my mind!)

Jessica: How did you decide it was time to get married, and what are you plans for your wedding?
My first thought when I read this question was that the timing wasn't actually my decision—I was just waiting for my fiance to pop the question haha. Then I read him this question and he said the same thing. But really, we started dating in high school and were long-distance for five years while we went to college and I had a job that required me to be on the road constantly, so when our long-distance days finally came to an end last summer, it just seemed like the right timing. He also said he knows how important traveling is to me, so he wanted to propose while we were in Europe. Then, we decided to set the date for this October because I really wanted a fall wedding and didn't want to have to plan one in five months. (We got engaged last May.) As for the wedding itself, we are having a pretty traditional celebration (a Catholic Mass followed by dinner and dancing at a nearby country club), but we're doing our best to infuse our personalities into the reception. The most important part of the wedding for us is that everyone feels comfortable attending and has a good time!

Heather: When is the wedding date, and are you going to blog about the process?
We are getting married on October 25 (less than six months — eek!), but I don't think I will be blogging much about the process. We've already decided pretty much everything except the cake and the flowers (and the bridesmaids dresses! I am a such a procrastinator—anyone have any ideas of where to find pretty, inexpensive dresses??), and I haven't blogged about any of it so far. You will definitely be seeing wedding photos after the fact, though! And I will probably share our engagement photos one day, just because the shoot was so fun and I loved the way they turned out.

~ ~ ~

Once again, thanks to everyone who submitted questions for this little project! I had a lot of fun answering your questions, and I'd love to do this again someday if y'all are interested. :) Have any of you ever done a post like this? How did it turn out?

No comments: