Thursday, May 15, 2014

50 Books From 50 States: Reading Challenge!

Remember when I said I wasn't participating in any reading challenges this year? Except my own challenges? Of course, that means the Semi-Charmed Summer Book Challenge alone is not enough for me anymore. Kelsey from Keeping up with Kelsey contacted me about co-hosting a fun geographically based challenge with her, so how could I say no?? Hence, the 50 Books from 50 States Challenge is born.

button

I actually started a "Where You've Been Reading" challenge a few years ago, but I knew I would never be able to read 50 books to fit the challenge in one year. Thankfully, Kelsey agrees, so this will be more of a long-term challenge. And, to help you out a little more, you are more than welcome to count any books you've read since 2012 until now for this challenge. (It's harder than it sounds to read 50 books from 50 different states!) And, of course, double-dipping is always welcome! So feel free to count any books you're already reading/have read for other challenges.

Here's a little map showing the books I have read since 2012 or plan to read for this challenge. Feel free to look at specific states for ideas if you need any, and let me know if you have any good ideas for states that I don't have a book assigned to yet (the red states)!


View Where are you reading? in a larger map

Sound fun? Of course it does, and we'd love to have you! Continue reading below for the nitty-gritty of the challenge.

General Rules:
  • Please be courteous and follow the hosts Keeping Up With Kelsey & Semi-Charmed Kind of Life.
  • Check out others who are linking up, make sure to encourage them and even give them some book ideas!
  • We'll make this a bi-monthly link-up to check in and see how you're doing.
  • We will link up the 15th of every other month and will of course give you guys a few days heads up to join in on the fun as a reminder.
  • Each book must be at least 200 pages long. Audio books are fine, as long as the print versions meet the page requirements. Large-print books are also acceptable, as long as the regular-print version exceeds 200 pages in length.
  • Our goal end date is 5/15/15, but we'll check when the date comes closer to see how everyone is doing and if we need to extend the deadline.

The first bi-monthly link-up will be next month, but for now, feel free to make a preliminary list and link up below! Check out the other lists to see what others are reading and get some ideas for states that you are stuck on.

And, of course, who doesn't love a nifty button??


Thanks again to Kelsey for inviting me to co-host this challenge with her! Hopefully this will give me the motivation I need to finish my 50 States challenge that I started two years ago. ;)

No comments: