Monday, April 7, 2014

Best of March: A Month in Review

March is a pretty cool month. St. Patrick's Day, the first day of spring, my birthday ... what's not to like? ;) Here's a quick recap of what you liked this past month on the blog and my social media, as well as a little insight into what I've been up to away from my computer:

Most Popular on Instagram & Notable Events

1 // 2 // 3 // 4

As I mentioned last month, I knew March would be busy for Jonathan and me. We started off the month with a trip to Hearst Castle with my family, drove down Highway 1 to visit the coast again the next weekend with his family, ran a 10k and traveled to St. Louis for a dear friend's wedding (hence the fancy photos in the Instagram collage above). It was a whirlwind month, but we made some great memories along the way!

Most Popular on the Blog
5. Five Myths About Sororities (posted March 8)
4. Ask Me Anything! (posted March 5)
3. Semi-Charmed Winter 2012 Book Challenge (posted October 15, 2012)
2. Advice Needed: Stylish Walking Shoes for Europe (posted March 13, 2013)
1. The Best of 2013: Read (posted December 19, 2013)

Also Posted in March
>> Currently: feeling very disappointed in Scandal (March 30)
>> A Drive on America's Most Scenic Highway (March 25)
>> Travel Tuesday: Hearst Castle, California (March 18)
>> Travel Tuesday: Solo vs. companion(s)? (March 11)
>> Travel Tuesday: Happy birthday! (March 4)
>> Best of January & February: Two Months in Review (March 2)

image via Instagram

On My Bookshelf
Unbroken, Laura Hillenbrand // Cress, Marissa Meyer
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs

Coming Soon

This is a new section for my monthly recap template to share what I'm planning in the upcoming month for the blog. I hope you'll think of this as the "something to look forward to" section. :)
>> Answers to all your burning questions from last month's "Ask Me Anything!" post! It looks as if I received any questions to split the answers into two separate posts.
>> A new Travel Tuesday post every week, of course. Tomorrow's topic is favorite travel bloggers, if you want to join in! You are welcome to link up any travel-related post you wish; the topic is just a suggestion.
>> A new Semi-Charmed Book Challenge! That's right, it's already time to post the category list for this summer's challenge. I'm open to suggestions! Check out past challenges and the category lists here to see how it works. The new list will be posted on April 15, so get your suggestions in before then!
>> I had fun writing a few "5 Things" posts earlier this year, but then I let those fall by the wayside. Hopefully they'll be making an appearance again in April! :)
How was your March? What would you like to read on Semi-Charmed Kind of Life this month??

Linking up for the 2014 Review Extravaganza.

No comments: