Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Travel Tuesday: Happy birthday!

I originally picked birthdays for today's suggested Travel Tuesday topic because my birthday is tomorrow, but I also just realized Travel Tuesday celebrated its birthday two years ago on Friday! Woohoo! Awkwardly enough, I was planning to share my first trip to Switzerland (which coincided with my 18th birthday) for today's link-up, but I actually shared it already during my first Travel Tuesday post ever. Whoops. :/ So instead, I'll share some ways I wouldn't mind celebrating future birthdays:

Photo via Harry Litchman

>> Watching the sun rise over Grinnell Peak in Montana (pictured).
>> Celebrating Mardi Gras in New Orleans. (I really should do this one year, considering my birthday coincides so well with the holiday!)
>> Climbing to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
>> Enjoying good company and a hotty toddy in an Irish pub in Dublin.
>> Relaxing in a hot spring in Iceland.
>> Exploring history in eastern Europe. (There are so many countries I want to visit there: Kosovo! Slovakia! Croatia!)
>> Observing wildlife on an Alaska cruise.

Have you done any of the above? Please tell me about it so I can live vicariously through your comments! Haha. And, as always, feel free to link up with any travel-related post below. :)





Next week's suggested topic: Who is your favorite travel partner? Do you prefer to travel in large groups, small groups or alone?

No comments: