Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blogger Revealed: Books & Travel Edition

Last month, I opened up my blog (and my life!) to my readers and asked y'all to ask me all your burning questions. This month, I'm going to answer those inquiries! I got quite a few questions about traveling and reading (surprise!), so this first installment will focus on those questions only. All the other fun but more random questions will be answered in a future post. :)


Fran: Where's a place you would love to travel to but haven't yet?
Where's a place I haven't traveled to that I wouldn't want to see?? But really, I finally got to visit Spain last summer, so I think the next must-see destination on my list is Ireland. Or Istanbul. And the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, of course.

Fran: Is there somewhere you're not particularly interested in visiting?
As I mentioned above, I don't think I would turn down a trip to anywhere, but I don't really have a burning desire to visit Australia. Just seems kind of eh to me—not worth flying 18 hours across the ocean. (Now everyone who has been to Australia can tell me how wrong I am in the comments! Haha.) New Zealand would be neat, though!

Angie: What are your future travel plans?
In the near future, I plan to travel to Colorado (to redeem a silent auction prize weekend in Vail) and North Carolina (for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary celebration). Then, in October or November, it's off to my honeymoon! We still haven't decided where we're going yet ... any suggestions?

Carly: If you could be added in as a new character in one of your favorite books, which would you choose & why?
Obviously I would want to be Hermione's best friend in the Harry Potter series. Or maybe Ginny's friend ... I think Hermione and I are too similar and I might get sick of her after a while. Or just too competitive. ;)

Carly: If you could travel to any location in one of your favorite books, where would you choose & why?
Le Cirque des RĂªves! I want to see the ice garden and eat the chocolate mice and befriend Bailey and Poppet and do every other fabulous thing possible!

Amanda: If you could only take ONE book with you to a desert island, what would it be? 
This is a tough one! I'm not really much of a re-reader, so I think I would take the Bible, just because it's so long and that would probably be the only way I would actually finish the whole thing. Or a David Foster Wallace book (for the same reasoning haha).

Jessica: If you could play any character in Les Mis, which one would you play? (singing voice not required to answer this question)
Whew, thanks for that disclaimer at the end! ;) I think I would be Enroljas. He has some pretty sweet speeches and is pretty charismatic and all that. Eponine is my favorite character, but her story is a little too depressing for me.

Jen Mc: What is your favorite book?
This question is so hard, but my go-to answer is always The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Heartbreaking story, genuine characters, beautiful writing, and from the pen of my favorite author! Check out my other favorite books on Goodreads.

~ ~ ~

That was fun! Thanks to everyone who submitted questions! And if you didn't get to submit a question but have since thought of something you want to ask me, feel free to leave a question (or two!) in the comments. I'll keep a running bank of questions for next time I want to do a "revealed" post. :) And if you asked me a question that wasn't answered today, check back next week for your answer!

No comments: