Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

This post is dedicated to my beautiful, intelligent, cosmopolitan mother. She passed down many of her wonderful genes to me, and she has also taught me a lot of valuable lessons, but the two biggest things she gave me are my passion for exploration and knowledge. Growing up, my mother always said she would not let school get in the way of her children's education, hence her willingness to pull us out of school to go on some pretty fabulous trips. She can also often be heard saying, "Good enough is never good enough," which has instilled in me an insatiable quest for knowledge and a curiosity about the world. Of course, my love of reading also comes from my mother. So thanks for everything, Mom! I love you!

Just for fun, here are a few pictures of us on those fabulous trips I mentioned. Unfortunately, I only have pictures from the last few years on my computer, or there would be a lot more!

Hiking in Kauai (January 2010). I know, I know: What a flattering picture of us. :)
At my first NHL game: the Chicago Blackhawks (December 2009).
Hiking in Yosemite, too many times to count (but I think this was summer 2010).
Mom supporting me at the Mizzou '39 banquet in Columbia (February 2011).
On Alcatraz Island during spring break (April 2011).
Mom met me in Kigali, Rwanda, at the end of my study abroad program (July 2011).
And then we traveled to Amboseli National Park, Kenya, for a safari (July 2011).
Here we are with some Maasai dancers at the safari lodge (July 2011).
And finally, these are all her kiddies in Sonoma (December 2010). Happy Mother's Day from all of us, Mom!
P.S. — Don't forget to check back in an hour for the second Semi-Charmed Summer Book Challenge check-in! Yes, my mom is participating. :)

3 comments:

Patty said...

Awwwwww. Thank you, Megan! You know I am rarely at a loss for words, but this was so sweet, I'm just about speechless. :-) I love you! Love, Mom

P.S. Something I've learned as I've gotten older...sometimes good enough actually is good enough.

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Aw, these are awesome pictures of you and your mom!! She seems wonderful! Hope she had a great Mother's Day!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Carenpants said...

I love that your mom was willing to take your out of school for cool trips!