- I like to put chocolate chips in my popcorn. If you do it right out of the microwave, they melt into little gobs of chocolatey, buttery goodness. Yum! I also like to eat my popcorn with milk. Sometimes I drop the kernels on top of the milk and let them soak for a little while. I think I got this idea from a Little House on the Prairie book; the boy in Farmer Boy eats his popcorn with milk.
- You probably already know that I really like turtles, but you might not know I had a turtle named Heineken once. I only had him for about a day, and then he crawled under the house and never returned. I like to think he's still living under there, about the size of Godzilla by now and ready to bust up through the kitchen floor at any moment.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is when people are in the way. Usually, this means walking very slowly, walking two or three abreast on a busy sidewalk or standing in a doorway. Get out of my way. I can get very impatient when people impede my movement.
- I don't like condiments. I'm to the point where I can eat them if I forget to order something without sauce, but when possible I avoid ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressing, etc. The only exception to this is barbecue sauce, which I love. I also like egg salad, potato salad, deviled eggs and other foods with mayonnaise as an ingredient; I just don't like it as a spread.
- I pole vaulted in high school. In fact, my entire conference only had about six female pole vaulters, so I was even the conference champion. Yippee!
- Foursquare has dubbed me the mayor of the Santa Fe public library and claims I have been there 12 weeks in a row. Why yes, I do have a crush on the librarian.
- I can milk a cow by hand and with a machine.
Also, I shared this picture on Twitter for #ThrowbackThursday today and thought I would include it here. It is also random and makes me smile. :)
|My boyfriend and me at track practice during our freshman year of high school. Check out those braces! Haha.|