Friday, January 16, 2015

5 Books to Read in 2015

Last year, I was super excited to surpass my goal of reading 30 books: I read 40! This year, because of my transition from full-time to part-time work, I set a pretty lofty goal of reading 52 books. I'm also a graduate student, so I don't have unlimited time to read for pleasure, but I'm hoping my spring and summer breaks will be filled with lots of reading. :) It was pretty hard to narrow down my TBR list to only five books for this post, but here are the five books I most want to read in 2015. (Right after I finish the #SCWBC14, of course.)



All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr | I'm a huge historical fiction fan, and I have been seeing this book everywhere, including the Goodreads Choice Awards in 2014.

We Were Liars, E. Lockhart | I made a point not to read so much young adult fiction toward the end of last year, but now I'm ready for some more. This book also won a Goodreads Choice Award last year, so hopefully it's pretty good!

The Light Between Oceans, M.L. Stedman | Maybe it's just because this book cover looks so similar to All the Light We Cannot See (and they have similar titles), but I feel like I've also seen this book everywhere.

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking, Susan Cain | One of my goals for this year is to read more nonfiction. As an introvert who exhibits as an extrovert, I think this book would be a fascinating read.

One Day, David Nicholls | This was the very first book I added to my to-read list on Goodreads way back in 2011. (Or at least it's the first book that is still on there. Hopefully that means I already read the other ones; yay!) I've actually checked it out from the library multiple times and returned it unread, so I think it's about time I crossed it off my list.

I already have the first three books in this list on hold at my local library, so I think I might actually read them this year! (Historically, I almost never the read the specific books I say I am going to. I always get distracted by other reads.)

Which books are you most excited to read this year? Have you read any of the ones on my list?

P.S. — Need a reading recommendation? Check out my favorite books I read in 2014.

Linking up with Darci, April, Christina and Natasha for FIVE on FridayClare for Five Things FridayKarli for Oh Hey, Friday!; and Ash for Two for Tuesdays.

No comments: