Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I went shopping.

For those of you who only know me through this blog, that was probably not a very exciting title. For those of you who actually know me, you probably thought, "What on Earth did Megan need so badly that she couldn't just buy online?"

Well, we Alpha Delta Pi women have a very exciting Grand Convention this month in Phoenix, Ariz., which of course requires a few new additions to my wardrobe. The other interns and I took advantage of our day off Monday to visit Atlantic Station for some serious shopping.

My favorite purchase of the day? This floral sweetheart dress (above)!

I'm not sure if it will be up to par with my fashionable sisters' "semiformal" wear, but with the right heels and attitude, I think I can make it work for the opening banquet! Bonus points: It was on sale (of course), and it is something I will actually wear again!

Extra bonus points: It has pockets!!

I also needed a cocktail dress for the formal awards dinner (cross your fingers for the women of Alpha Gamma!) and white shoes for the opening processional. Diana (luckily) found an appropriate formal dress for me (also on sale!), but the white shoes proved a little trickier to decide on.

The first pair I found (to the left, in white) had a low heel and was cheap: two big pluses for a girl who's used to wearing sneakers on a daily basis and likes to keep her wallet full. However, after some consideration and peer pressure (and a few laps around the store to practice walking in the 4-inch heel), I splurged an extra Jackson for some "sensible" shoes (below) that I can hopefully wear into my first real job in the spring!

With my bags and boxes in hand, I felt relieved that I was able to get everything I needed for Convention so easily. (The three extra pairs of eyes really made the decision-making process a lot easier for me. My fellow Pi sisters also consoled me when I experienced buyers' remorse. Thanks, girls!) And the shopping was well worth it when I finally got the chance to eat at Moe's Southwest Grill (a chain resembling Chipotle and Qdoba)! The Homewrecker burrito with chips and salsa for only $5 made my day that much better.

Sorry for the incredibly detailed blog. And sorry it was all about women's apparel (and Mexican food). I'll try to include some more scintillating details about my internship in my next post!

2 comments:

Lindsay Cochrum said...

There used to be a Moe's on 9th St. right across from the JSchool. I believe it was where Ingredient is now.

Kelsey Palmquist said...

sass-a-frass dress megan! it's sooo cute.