Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Best of 2013: Read

So I'm probably not going to reach my goal of reading 53 books this year, but I have read 39 already, and the even better news is that I thought eight of them deserved 5 stars! That means I absolutely loved more than 20 percent of the books I read this year, so I really can't complain about that. :) In no particular order, here are those eight special books:

Dark Places, Gillian Flynn | Out of the Easy, Ruta Sepetys | Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden
The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern | Three Cups of Deceit, Jon Krakauer | Sharp Objects, Gillian Flynn

Other notable reads I would recommend: 
Skeletons at the Feast, Chris Bohjalian | Inkheart, Cornelia Funke | The Poisoner Mysteries, Sara Poole

Most disappointing reads: 
The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown | Beautiful Ruins, Jess Walter | Palo Alto, James Franco

Have you read any great books this year? How about any that didn't meet your expectations? Be sure to link up with Jessica if you share your favorite books of 2013 on your blog!

The Book Chat

No comments: