Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Week 9


This week's Friday's Fancies is a little painful for me. It was a great idea, {av}, but it would be a lot more fun if my team were still in the tournament. *sigh* I even thought of skipping this week or doing a different theme because I was so heartbroken over Mizzou's first-round (and very unexpected) loss last Friday, but then I remembered this:


Even if the Big Dance didn't go quite as we had planned, I still love my Tigers, and I'm still proud to be a Mizzou student alum (I almost forgot)! (As evidenced by the fact that I wore my Mizzou headband on the slopes the day after our loss, despite seeing quite a few Jayhawk beanies.) As much as I wish I were getting ready to watch my boys play Marquette tonight instead of Florida, I will be a Tiger fan until the day I die! Plus, we're taking that Big 12 championship with us to the SEC ... and no one can ever take it back!

Mizzou Fan

P.S. — I pinned quite a few Mizzou items on Polyvore when I was creating this outfit, so if you're a future/current/former Tiger — knock yourself out!

10 comments:

siddathornton said...

those shoes are SO cute!

christin said...

awesome! i spotted your link on {av's} blog and i just wanted to say hello to a fellow tiger!

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

Bless your heart... I know you've had to hear about busted brackets all week. and that is so awesome your dad went to State and that you're pulling for us!! woo hoo!! Maybe I can get an updated version of that shirt this year :-)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Cute outfit! My college team didn't even make it at all AND we don't have a football team. How's that for school spirit? lol

At least your teams made it, yay for you and your school pride!

Allie said...

Love your picks! Great way to rep your team and look stylish! Loved this week's Friday's Fancies challenge! Have a great weekend!

xx, Allie

www.alliesbubble.blogspot.com

Colette said...

I know nothing about college basketball, but I love this look! I like how it's fashionable, but still sporty (I'm one of those people who personally hates it when people get all dolled up in skirts/dresses for sporting events...um, you're in a gym).

Lindsey said...

Love your tweet!! Being an SEC team is awesome..I hope you get to enjoy my favorite parts of it! Sorry they lost, but love your spirit! xo

Clare C. Whitaker said...

What fun yellow shoes!! Wishing the best to your team!! I hope you had a good week and are enjoying your weekend!
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

Carenpants said...

I almost pinned the underwear too! #tigersforlife

Sarah said...

So cute - I am so jealous that you get to come up with something as fun as this, even if you did lose! UMD wasn't even close to the action this year, so I'm jealous that you get to make an outfit, if even for a little bit!

Hope your weekend was fabulous!