It's the first ever Freaky Friday Blogger Switch!
I am so excited and so very grateful to Megan over at Semi-Charmed Kind of Life for helping me launch this new series. (Thanks for asking, Regina! I'm honored you asked!) Here are the highlights of the switch, we hope you'll stick with us until we switch back on Wednesday.
Some things about the switch:
- Once a month
- Email with questions a week before the switch
- SWITCH BLOGS
- Learn more about another blogger
- Be introduced to new readers, get new followers
- Answer the questions written as if YOU were the author of the other blog
- Gain further appreciation of someone with a different perspective
- Develop self-awareness
- Have fun
- Experience a different part of the world
- SWITCH BACK
- Reflect on the answers given & answer the questions ourselves
- Have a happy ending
Below the button, the switch begins! Goodbye Megan, hello Megan as Regina.
1. When you are all by yourself, what is the single most consistent thought or theme of emotions that run through your mind?
Hope. I have survived a lot of big changes in my life, and I know I will always face challenges of some magnitude. But my faith and my love for my son always gives me hope for the days ahead. Also, gratitude. I try to see the good events in my life and remember to be thankful for them.
2. What is the last book that you've read that moved you to change, think differently or see the world from a different point of view?
I think every book has something unique to offer, and every book makes me think about something in a different way. But most recently, I really enjoyed Where'd You Go Bernadette. It's actually the only book that has earned five stars on my blog's rating system! I loved Bee's perspective on the events in her life, and they made me see some things in my life a different way. She is incredibly insightful for a 13-year-old character. I also just learned so MUCH about random trivia by reading this book, from geography to medicine. I definitely recommend it.
3. The most hectic point in your day is usually...
I work in education administration, and I'm raising my teenage son on my own, so my weekdays are hectic from the time I wake up at 5 a.m. to when I go to bed at night!
4. The most recent loss that you've experienced was who? What was your relationship to that person? How has the loss affected you? Your family?
Earlier this year, I separated from my spouse. He isn't deceased, as many people think of when they hear I "lost" someone, but he is no longer a part of my household, and we've lost our way in our marriage. We continue to work on our relationship, but my son and I have found more time to spend with just the two of us since the separation, and I couldn't be more proud of the man he's becoming.
5. If you polled 10 acquaintances, what five words would they say described you best?
Sincere, intelligent, resilient, faithful, mother.
6. What is the most recent fashion risk you've taken or fashion trend you've participated in? How did it work out for you?
I got bangs like Michelle Obama! I think it's working out pretty nicely. ;)
~ ~ ~
Check back next week when we "switch back" and answer these questions as ourselves! Also be sure to head over to Regina's blog today to check out the questions she answered as me. (You can also get there by clicking the adorable button she provided above.) Happy weekend!