Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cheapskate Tooth Fairy

Source: flickr.com via Betsy on Pinterest

I found this article a few weeks ago and found it quite amusing. Apparently, the average compensation for a tooth from the tooth fairy last year was only $2.10, which is a 17 percent decrease from 2010. The article was accompanied by a picture of a sobbing little girl, and I thought, "Girl, please!" I remember the time my sister got three pennies from the tooth fairy. (Literally. Why even bother, Mom Miss Fairy?) I remember going to school and my friends bragging about the coloring books and marker sets they found under their pillows the morning after losing a particularly big tooth. Really?! Talk about playground jealousy.

So tell me, what were the tooth fairy traditions in your house? How much moolah did your little incisors get? Or, if you're a parent, what do you do for your children's lost teeth?

P.S. — My theme for Travel Tuesday this week will be: Where did you feel the most unsafe when traveling? What did you do about it? (And starting this Tuesday, I'll start posting next week's question with the Travel Tuesday post, so you can plan ahead of time!) Thanks to everyone who participated last week!

4 comments:

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Ok I'm going to show my age probably but I think the most I ever got was $2.00. Usually it was $.50 or $1. I had heard stories of kids getting $20 for a tooth. I mean, come one, it's not a golden tooth! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Anonymous said...

My sisters and I got zilch! lol The tooth fairy never made it to our home! Can't wait to read your Travel Tuesday post! x

Megan said...

Ha! I agree. $20 is ridiculous - though I wouldn't have turned it down!

Megan said...

Well, I feel better about three pennies now! Haha. Thanks!