Saturday, December 24, 2011

What I'm reading: Blogs.

I know I've mentioned my Google Reader a lot, but I really am truly obsessed. I currently subscribe to 92 different blogs, ranging from travel blogs to family blogs to blogs by Greek chapters at my (former) university. When my semester ended, I had over 600 unread posts in my Reader. The last few weeks of the semester were absolutely crazy, and then I had family visiting for graduation, so there wasn't much time to lie around in bed and peruse my favorite blogs. Now, I've been home for three days and have gotten that number down to 411. (Whether that's impressive or frightening, I'm not sure.) Today, I bring you my best of blogs from my Google Reader. Hopefully you'll find a site or two that you enjoy!

Best blog for photos: Conde Nast Traveler (Tumblr)
 With photos like this, I could look at this blog all day. In fact,
most of the photographs on my travel board were pinned from this site.

Best "I-want-her-life" blog and Best for a quick read: Cup of Jo (Blogspot)
 Joanna Goddard is a blogger, magazine writer, wife and mother who writes about anything and everything, from motherhood to fashion. Once you start reading the fun little snippets she posts multiple times a day, it's easy to see why she has over 28,000 followers. I just discovered she now blogs for Conde Nast Traveler, which of course makes me love her even more!

Best blog for humor: Hyperbole and a Half (Blogspot)
Unlike most of the blogs I read, this blog is not updated often. I wish it were because the posts are always hilarious. The blogger does all her own illustrations for the posts in Paint. My absolute favorite post (from which the above image is taken) is the "The Alot is Better Than You at Everything."


Best written-by-a-person-I-actually-know blog: The Accessory (Blogspot)
Amanda, the little beauty behind this blog, was actually the one who inspired me to start my blog in the first place. Amanda is a recent college graduate and just landed an internship at an awesome public relations company in Seattle, so I'm looking forward to see what adventures she takes in her new life!

Best written-by-a-complete-stranger blog: 25 Before 25 (Blogspot)
Obviously, Joanna (see above) is also a stranger, but this category is more for best blog by a peer I haven't ever met. Christy is a graduate student, avid runner, traveler and girlfriend to a fun airline pilot. I enjoy reading her updates and following along as she tries to complete the 25 items on her bucket list before she turns 25.

Best family blog: The Rockstar Diaries (Blogspot)
Two words: Baby Eleanor. She's absolutely adorable, and she is what makes this blog worth reading.

2 comments:

Kiki said...

Love love love google reader! Also, tell what you think about Sarah's Key. I was not a big fan, but I want your take!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shoutout, dearest Meggo! So honored! Pi love <>